3/4 cup butter at room temperature
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
4/5 ripe banana
3 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix butter and sugar together until creamy. Use an electric mixer if you have one. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add vanilla.
3. If you are mixing by hand then mash up the bananas prior to putting them in. If you using an electric mixer you can just add them in chunks of banana at a time.
5. Finally add in chopped walnuts. Butter the bread pans and then fill them about 2/3 full. The batter will expand. If you are having a serious sweet tooth that day you can sprinkle brown sugar on before you make it.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes. Test with a toothpick to make sure the middle is cooked. The top should be brown and crispy. When you take it out let the bread cool for about ten minutes. Use a knife to separate the sides and enjoy hot!