1. Start by making pie crust (click for the link to the recipe). Put the pie dough in the fridge to chill while you work on the rest.
2. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Ingredients: (Not including pie crust)
5 chicken thighs
1 yellow onion diced
1 long carrot (peeled)
15 button mushrooms (1 container)
1 teaspoon fresh ground Black Pepper
1/2 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground Sea Salt
1/2 teaspoon Celery Salt
1 10 3/4 oz can of cream of mushroom soup (I use the 98% fat free)
1 10 3/4 oz can of cream of celery soup (I use the 98% fat free)
4. While the chicken is cooking dice the onion. If you have vegetarians eating with you, sauté the veggies in a separate pan. Put the onions in a pan at medium heat with a bit of olive oil. While they are cooking, peel and chop the carrot and add them to the pan. Slice mushrooms and add. If you do it in this order, they should all be cooked just the right amount!
5. Sprinkle in pepper, sea salt, and celery salt. Sauté the veggies until the edges begin to brown.
6. Turn off the heat and add both cans of soup. Mix everything up.
Place the pie crust on the top. With the extra I like to cut out a little cookie cutter shape and place it on top for fun. The extra texture always looks great when it bakes! Don't forget to slit a few holes here and there to let steam out.
* Here is a little trick of the trade if you are entertaining carnivores and herbivores. Wrap the vegetarian dishes with a piece of foil, so when they come out of the oven you know what is what!*
It is going to smell delicious ad you will want to eat it sooner. I had to fight off my sister and my husband to let them leave the pies in the oven long enough! Make sure to cook the crust all the way or it will be all soggy in the middle. Enjoy!