This recipe was posted by Megan on allrecipes.com. I didn't make any changes. I just added a few things, but mostly the toppings!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups warm milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder and sugar; set aside. Preheat waffle iron to desired temperature. Make sure to spray it with Pam or some sort of nonstick spray.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the milk, butter and vanilla. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture; beat until blended. I used my kitchen aid here, but it can certainly be done by hand.
- Ladle the batter into a preheated waffle iron. Cook the waffles until golden and crisp. Serve immediately. If you want to wait until you have a big enough batch to serve the whole table, put the cooked waffles in the oven at about 200 degrees. This will keep them warm, but the longer they are in there, the more soggy they get, so don't delay too long. You can always break the first couple into quarters so everyone can eat while more are cooking and the waffles are crispy!
5. Meat is certainly not necessary in this meal, but you could always add sausage or bacon as a side. Happy Sunday!