If you are making this in summer and have access to fresh berries, I would recommend using them! If not, frozen berries will work, but make sure that you thaw them and let any extra water drip out so the pie isn't too runny.
I started with my pie crust recipe. Make sure to double the recipe so you have enough for the top crust and the bottom. After you make this, put it in the freezer so it can stay nice and cold and easy to work with.
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 cups blackberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
1. Mix the flour, sugar, and cinnamon together. Then mix the berries in gently to coat them.
2. Roll out the first half of the dough and tuck it into the bottom of the pie pan.
3. Gently spread the berry mixture in the center.
4. Sprinkle a bit of lemon juice on top and chunk up a bit of butter and add it.
4. Roll out the second half of the dough and cut it into even strips. I have a rolling cutter that cuts a scalloped edge which is adorable, but of course I didn't have it either. No matter what you use to cut the strips make sure to cover it in flour every time it touches the dough so you don't rip it accidently.
8. The edges will naturally cook faster, so wrap foil or a crust guard around the edges o the pie.
9. You are done! Bake it for about 50-60 minutes at 425 degrees until the crust is crispy and golden in the center.