1/2 cup plus 6 tablespoons soft butter
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 white sugar
2 eggs (thank you chickens)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups Quaker oats
3/4 cup raisins
3/4 cup chocolate chips
3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans (I left this out this time due to allergies)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat the softened butter and both sugars on medium speed until it is creamy. You might as well take a taste now because it is already amazing.
2. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Make sure to scrape the sides.
3. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and mix well.
4. Mix in the oats. Then add raising, nuts, and chocolate chips. It will be a stiff for dough, but that's okay.
5. Drop a tablespoon on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
6. Let them sit for a minute or two them carefully move to a wire rack to cook completely. They are melt in your mouth delicious, and they are hearty on a hungry stomach!
Time to hit the slopes!