Kidney beans-1 can
Garbanzo beans-1 can1 red onion (optional)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Bring a medium sauce pan full of water to a boil.
2. Wash the green beans, trim the end off, and cut them in half so they are easier to eat.
3. When the water is boiling drop the green beans in to blanch them. This will take a about two minutes. The beans will turn bright green. You want them to still have a firm crunch but not have that hint of bitterness that raw green beans have. Immediately put them in a strainer and run cold water over them so they stop cooking. Put them in the serving bowl.
5. Drain both the kidney beans and garbanzo beans and add them as well.
7. Pour oil and vinegar over the whole salad. Sprinkle in salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
8. Toss and serve!