4 teaspoons baking powder
2/3 Cup sugar
3 large eggs
2 sticks cold butter
1 Cup orange juice
2 Teaspoons vanilla
2 Cups pomegranate seeds (or about 2 poms. worth)
-To get the pomegranate seeds out I would recommend this technique. Wear an apron! Score the skin of the pomegranate into quarters. Don't cut all the way through it. If you do you will have juice splashing everywhere. Pull the quarters apart and the rind breaks in natural spots. Pull away the rind so that the seeds are exposed. Then push them sideways so they fall, or pop out. Keep breaking chunks apart until all the seeds are out.
2. Combine flour, sugar, and baking powder in a large bowl.
3. Slice butter into tablespoon sized pieces and add it to the dry ingredients. Then cut in the butter with a pastry cutter. Continue until the chunks of butter are about the size of a pea.
4. Add the wet ingredients and stir to combine. Only mix the batter until it forms a wet ball. Do not over mix!
5. Fold in the pomegranate seeds. Save a few to put on top.
6. Spoon onto a baking sheet. Put a few seeds on top for decoration. You can also sprinkle a tiny bit of sugar on top for some texture.
7. Bake 15-17 minutes until the top is brown and a bit crunchy.