It was brought to my attention, that this blog is called Robin's Urban Farmhouse, and I have written very little about the house! So, I am going to make an effort to include some of our house projects. On top is the house when we bought it. The paint had since gotten worse. The bottom picture is what it looks like now!
When we bought the house there was A LOT to be done. It was a like a puppy, so cute and loveable, but so messy and time consuming!
Our house was missing key things, like door handles on the bathroom. Apparently the last owners and their two kids either didn't close the bathroom door or got out a screw driver every time they walked in or out. That was obviously one of the first things to be fixed.
Of course there are always projects to add, but last week we crossed off our LAST major project on the list. We finished painting the house! With a 90 year old house, everything is done a little differently than a new house. For example, it is hard to replace an interior door, because they were all cut by hand to fit the specific door frame. So a door that is actually a prefect rectangle, won't fit in the door frame!! Frustrating.
Justin and I haggled over colors, painted about 6 different yellow on our house, which I am sure the neighbors enjoyed, and finally came to an agreement! Thank you to my parents who mixed more quarts of yellow paint for us than I can count! We did the final touch up of the pain ourselves. This means that I painted it. Justin isn't really allowed to paint much around here, because I have to repaint them after :) I think he does this on purpose.
For a final touch we discarded an absolutely ugly old light that we had a got a charming lantern for the front porch. DONE! Dust off the hands, wash the paint brushes, and hopefully store them in the basement for a long, long time...